Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Lafayette CampFiber
Saturday, October 4, 2008 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (CDT)
This first-of-its-kind event will focus attention on the opportunities being created for applications developers in Lafayette, LA due to the roll out of one of the fastest residential broadband networks in the country.
It will feature a dynamic agenda filled with experts, insight, and sharing between the people who can make the next generation of the Internet happen right in Lafayette, LA. As our tagline says, we're Building the Rocket Ship of a new wave of broadband applications.
The agenda will include:
- A presentation, Q&A, and feedback session about LUSFiber's capabilities
- A presentation, Q&A, and feedback session about Abacus Data Exchange's LiquidIQ computing solution
- A series of presentations by attendees on the latest technologies and platforms they're using to build apps and websites, essentially a mini-BarCamp
- A local leaders roundtable where representatives from healthcare, education, government, and business will discuss their pain points and wishlists to help inspire the creation of transformative apps that benefit society
- A VC 101 session run by Chris Schultz of Voodoo Ventures to help entrepreneurs and angel investors learn about the opportunities that exist in Louisiana and how to work together
Also being planned is a reception the evening of Oct 3rd during which community leaders can interface with local developers to discuss how we can make the most out of the LUSFiber network.
Additional info will be made available on this site as it comes together: http://campfiber.wik.is/Lafayette_CampFiber
Attendance will be somewhat limited to about 75 attendees due to space constraints, so sign up soon if you're interested in attending!
Anyone who's based in Lafayette that's involved with or interested in developing broadband applications should sign up, join in, and come together as we work towards building the rocket ship that will launch Lafayette well into the 21st century!
When & Where
LUS and Abacus
LUS stands for Lafayette Utility Systems. They're deploying LUSFiber.
Abacus Data Exchange delivers the power of broadband fabric computing to developers and beyond, while also selling premium acccess to the LUSFiber ring to businesses.